Thursday, February 12, 2015

Fun-a-Day 2015 - Day 12

Day 12

TODAY'S SONG:

"6th Street" by Space Wolves



Alright, Space Wolves is the third Western New York artist on this list! The first time I heard about Space Wolves was when I was on the Buffalo State radio station WBNY, being interviewed by Mike Moretti on The Local Show. I had just done my first Fun-a-Day project in 2013. Moretti told me that I would like Space Wolves cause they had really short fun surf rocky songs and they released about three full length albums in one year.

I downloaded Space Wolves III when I got home and was very impressed. Four of the twelve songs are under a minute long, including an 8-second song called “Your [Live in] Girlfriend,” with the lyrics, “If you're wondering why it is we never hang out / It's cause your girlfriend really sucks.” Short, succinct, to the point. I dig it. Then there's the song “Senecas” about everyone's favorite Reservation cigarettes. It's pretty irresistible.

I also played a show last summer with Space Wolves at the Steak & Cake showcase for Herd Fest, the Buffablog music festival. I was playing with my band, Alex Berkley and the Atlanta Falcons. It was a fun show in a little Allentown art gallery, a ton of people packed in and listening from the sidewalk outside. The whole festival was awesome too, going to all the different venues through Allentown and checking out the fantastic Buffalo music scene. That was when I finally got to see The Tins live, and found out about Applennium for the first time.

Unfortunately, I'm an old 30 year old man now and it's impossible for me to stay awake too late, so I missed a lot of great bands. Writing this makes me miss Summer in Buffalo at a time when all is white and gray outside. Plus, this:
And here's my song:




  • Day 1: "One More Goodbye" by M. Ward
  • Day 2: "I'd Be Wrong Were I To Say I Loved You Not Quite Or Almost Always" by damian
  • Day 3: "If" by The Flaming Lips
  • Day 4: "Age of Innocence" by Billy Corgan
  • Day 5: "Jamming" by Bob Marley & The Wailers
  • Day 6: "Gentle and Delicate" by Maudlin Maladies
  • Day 7: "Type Slowly (live)" by Pavement
  • Day 8: "Get Lost" by Tom Waits
  • Day 9: "The Monkey Versus The Robot" by Piebald
  • Day 10: "Omaha" by Tapes 'n Tapes
  • Day 11: "Seasons in the Abyss" by Hellsongs


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment