Monday, February 9, 2015

Fun-a-Day 2015 - Day 9

Day 9

TODAY'S SONG:

"The Monkey Versus The Robot" by Piebald


This magazine did introduce me to
Rainer Maria. That's a true fact.
Something I've always liked a lot about Piebald is that they're a sort-of-emo band that doesn't take themselves too seriously. Some of their songs are genuinely sad, others are just goofy, and then some are a blend of the emotional and the goofball. For example, the first song I ever heard by Piebald, “Sex Sells and (Unfortunately) I'm Buying.” I thought that this was on a compilation CD that came with a CMJ magazine my mom bought for me from the grocery store because it had Thom Yorke on the cover, but after some light research I have discovered that I was wrong. There goes that memory.

One of the members of Piebald also wore a "Buffalo Bills Fredonia Training Camp" t-shirt in the booklet for We Are The Only Friends We Have.  I'm pissed I can't find that photo right now, but let's move on.

I remember driving to Jamestown with my friend Sean and playing Piebald in the car. He gave me a skeptical look about it, didn't seem to be too into them. We went to one of Sean's friend's house. He worked at what I remember to be a small amusement park, Midway State Park. It was small, and I don't really remember going on any rides or doing anything except walking around and enjoying the summer heat. There might have been a duck pond? We might have gotten cotton candy and popcorn? Either way, there's a 90% chance we went to Fazoli's to get some pasta, pizza, and unlimited breadsticks.
Welcome to Midway!  Doesn't everyone look soooooo happy!!!!!??????!!!!! Happiest place on Earth!!!!

Sooooo good!
Fazoli's was an amazing little Italian fast food joint. We would typically stop there on family trips down to Arkansas to see the grandparents. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Another time we were on our way to Jamestown for the sole purpose of going to Fazoli's. The car ahead of me was going very slow, so I sped up to pass it. Unfortunately I timed it so that a cop was heading in my direction just as I completed the pass. It was the first time I was pulled over and got a ticket. I felt shocked and embarrassed. Even that delicious Fazoli's pizza didn't make it alright.

Hey!  Here's my song about Fazoli's:

No comments:

Post a Comment