Saturday, February 28, 2015

Fun-a-Day 2015 - Day 28

Day 28

TODAY'S SONG:
"Lie Down Here" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

For a long time, my friend Margaret told me I needed to listen to Nick Cave. And for a long time, I did not believe her, for no reason. Eventually, a Nick Cave song came on the “KEXP Song of the Day” podcast. That song was called, “Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!” and it was incredible. I remember listening to it first on the Greyhound bus back to Buffalo after a weekend visit to Kayleigh while she was still going to school in New York. I had a $10 mp3 player that had no screen, so you really had to struggle to find the songs that you wanted. I persevered though and listened to that song over and over again.

How appropriate for this Shuffled project that the last song reminds me of a low-end iPod shuffle.

Useless!
Later, while we were living in Kayleigh's mom's basement, I saw a deal on Insound for the Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! mp3 album. I jumped on it, thereby hopping the mp3 train about 5 years late. You see, I'm really a CD guy at heart. I like having a physical copy, or it doesn't feel like anything at all. But I'm learning to be more of an mp3 person, especially as a musician, and one who can't afford to put his music on CD or vinyl ever. Except for that one time.

Well, that's all I've got. Thanks for reading this blog and for listening to my music. I hope you've enjoyed it. I'm going to take a musical vacation, then come back and record an album with Sonny, and later hopefully with the Atlanta Falcons. Go Bills, God bless, etc.

Last song:

Final list of Shuffled songs:

  • Day 1: "One More Goodbye" by M. Ward
  • Day 2: "I'd Be Wrong Were I To Say I Loved You Not Quite Or Almost Always" by damian
  • Day 3: "If" by The Flaming Lips
  • Day 4: "Age of Innocence" by Billy Corgan
  • Day 5: "Jamming" by Bob Marley & The Wailers
  • Day 6: "Gentle and Delicate" by Maudlin Maladies
  • Day 7: "Type Slowly (live)" by Pavement
  • Day 8: "Get Lost" by Tom Waits
  • Day 9: "The Monkey Versus The Robot" by Piebald
  • Day 10: "Omaha" by Tapes 'n Tapes
  • Day 11: "Seasons in the Abyss" by Hellsongs
  • Day 12: "6th Street" by Space Wolves
  • Day 13: "Protagonist" by They Might Be Giants
  • Day 14: "Mellow Out" by JEFF the Brotherhood
  • Day 15: "New Partner" by Mark Kozelek
  • Day 16: "Love Me, I'm a Liberal" by Phil Ochs
  • Day 17: "Snowball" by Louis Armstrong
  • Day 18: "Faites De Beaux Reves" by Julie Doiron
  • Day 19: "Our Singer" by Pavement
  • Day 20: "Calgary" by Bon Iver
  • Day 21: "The Whole of the Law" by Yo La Tengo
  • Day 22: "Tonight You Belong To Me" by Eddie Vedder
  • Day 23: "Look Forward To The Moon" by Lane Shift
  • Day 24: "Spiderwebs" by No Doubt
  • Day 25: "Whether U Like It Or Not I Love U" by The Frogs
  • Day 26: "Romulus" by Sufjan Stevens
  • Day 27: "Don't Call, Marylin" by Tickley Feather
  • Day 28: "Lie Down Here" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment