Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fun-a-Day 2015 - Day 22

Day 22

TODAY'S SONG:

"Tonight You Belong To Me" by Eddie Vedder


First, this song reminds me of going to see Pearl Jam in Pittsburgh with my old roommate Dale. We were walking through the arena to get to our seats and could hear an acoustic guitar playing distantly. It turned out, Eddie Vedder had come on stage early to play a little bit before what's-his-face from Guided By Voices played. We pretty much missed it all. There were some kids in our aisle who seemed pretty nice, but then they lit a joint and were thrown out immediately. Pearl Jam were great, playing for about three hours as I recall, Vedder going through about two whole bottles of wine during the set.

Dude likes his wine.
This also reminds me of a show I played at Mohawk Place a couple of years ago with my friend Sonny and Dolfish, a singer/songwriter from Cleveland. It was an awesome night of great music, just a few months probably before Mohawk closed. I love Dolfish's music, he's got a great sense of melody and he plays a mean acoustic guitar. His lyrics were especially great with lines like, “And you watch Harold and Maude / but just for the Cat Stevens / you never did follow the plot.”

But then again, he also sang, “I heard you were the lucky caller on the radio / won a pair of tickets to the Pearl Jam show / and I thought that you would ask me, you didn't though / I decided that if you had I would've told you no / given you some excuse about how Pearl Jam blows / and while it's true that I feel this way...”

Check out Dolfish on internet, at www.internet,
or at your favorite record store!
We hung out after the show for quite a while, and we got into a little bit of a debate with Max (Dolfish) about how Pearl Jam does not blow. Kayleigh and I bought his record though, even with his PJ-hate. And we've definitely listened to quite a lot of Dolfish these past couple years, certainly more than this collection of ukulele songs by Eddie.







Here's my song!



  • Day 1: "One More Goodbye" by M. Ward
  • Day 2: "I'd Be Wrong Were I To Say I Loved You Not Quite Or Almost Always" by damian
  • Day 3: "If" by The Flaming Lips
  • Day 4: "Age of Innocence" by Billy Corgan
  • Day 5: "Jamming" by Bob Marley & The Wailers
  • Day 6: "Gentle and Delicate" by Maudlin Maladies
  • Day 7: "Type Slowly (live)" by Pavement
  • Day 8: "Get Lost" by Tom Waits
  • Day 9: "The Monkey Versus The Robot" by Piebald
  • Day 10: "Omaha" by Tapes 'n Tapes
  • Day 11: "Seasons in the Abyss" by Hellsongs
  • Day 12: "6th Street" by Space Wolves
  • Day 13: "Protagonist" by They Might Be Giants
  • Day 14: "Mellow Out" by JEFF the Brotherhood
  • Day 15: "New Partner" by Mark Kozelek
  • Day 16: "Love Me, I'm a Liberal" by Phil Ochs
  • Day 17: "Snowball" by Louis Armstrong
  • Day 18: "Faites De Beaux Reves" by Julie Doiron
  • Day 19: "Our Singer" by Pavement
  • Day 20: "Calgary" by Bon Iver
  • Day 21: "The Whole of the Law" by Yo La Tengo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment